Author Topic: Cruiser 38 Owners version  (Read 5348 times)

malcolm

• Swab
  • Boat Model: bavaria 320sprotline
Cruiser 38 Owners version
« on: October 21 2011, 13:01 »
Help please. We have just sold our 1991 , 320 Sportline a good boat. We are now looking at a 2008, Cruiser 38 Owners version. The two of us are now retired and intend to gently cruise  the Channel and around the Med. We are keen to learn of the pros and cons of this model build and sailing qualities etc.  It would also be useful to know how many were  built , Owners and 3 cabin versions as I would like to understand the re sale prospects of the Owners version. On another issue I dont know about other owners but I am often having to defend my Bavaria ownership but I am not sure why.
regards

berty2

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B36 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 1999
Re: Cruiser 38 Owners version
« Reply #1 on: November 12 2011, 21:28 »
My first boat was a Beneteau 311. I bought my current B36 because I wanted the berth it was occupying. My "snob" boating friends all told me not to buy a Bavaria , suggesting that it had poor sailing qualities and was heaven forbid "mass-produced". However, I am very pleased with my boat which appears to be well made and well behaved. It is perfect for the type of sailing I do around the French Mediterranean coast. I would certainly recommend a Bavaria to anyone.

Peter

Nigel

• R.I.P.
  • Old Salt
    • Dolcetto - My Boat
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #2 on: November 13 2011, 11:26 »
My "snob" boating friends all told me not to buy a Bavaria , suggesting that it had poor sailing qualities and was heaven forbid "mass-produced".
Mass produced in the same way and in the same country as BMWs. I don't have a problem with that; some people are just dumb.
Nigel Mercier: Forum Administrator

MIA

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: November 24 2011, 16:19 »
My wife and I bought our first yacht a Hunter Legend 306 3 years ago this month to see how I would like it. First of all it was great sailing around the West Coast (Clyde area) and is superb, so we decided to buy a bigger yacht which is a B39 (2006) and so far has been excellent for us. I?m not the most experienced of sailors but I can handle the B39 no problem and sailed great in a force 6 the first time I took her out. At the end of the day it?s what you want in a boat not what others think, to me it?s been a good buy and we?ll enjoy it.