Author Topic: Anchor Windlass - Circuit Breaker  (Read 2018 times)

GSH

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2013
Anchor Windlass - Circuit Breaker
« on: November 29 2020, 11:16 »
I have a Bav 36 from 2013 with an anchor windlass problem. Operating the anchor using the plug in remote results in relay clicking noises but no action. In trying to sort it out I have looked at the Lewmar literature which shows a circuit breaker between the battery and the connector/relay but cannot locate said item on the boat. There also seem to be a few other differences from the Lewmar recommendations, boat is unmodified from new.

The main fuse seems not to have blown, and there appear to be other issues (Gypsy not freewheeling) but before taking lots of things apart I prefer to understand the system better. The wiring is difficult to follow, as others have noted in other threads!

If anybody can clarify I would be grateful.

Thanks
Geoff

elias

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 2003
Re: Anchor Windlass - Circuit Breaker
« Reply #1 on: November 30 2020, 12:03 »
Hi , check the cablels running from the battery to the windlass . Usually the breaker will be in a place around there and easy to reach to lift up the switch

diverphil

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: 33 cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #2 on: November 30 2020, 13:36 »
hi,ours is a 33c there are 2  mega fuses and a breaker next to the batterys under the seat, probably somthing like that so heavy currant isnt going through the circuit board.

GSH

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: December 02 2020, 01:43 »
Thanks for the replies - stripping the windlass revealed an almighty mess, and some seized components, now removed. There appears to be power in the supply but a dead motor.