Author Topic: Bavaria 45-50 Swimming platform Motors  (Read 2097 times)

alnavasa

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 45
  • Boat Year: 2011
Bavaria 45-50 Swimming platform Motors
« on: July 07 2020, 19:42 »
Hi,
We bought the boat in 2011, a Bavaria 45.
The swimming platform was one of the greatest and worst features at the same time,
Up until now we have gone through 3 entire sets of motors and control units, to move this platform...
One motor 2.2600€: https://www.svb-marine.es/es/bavaria-linear-drive-for-bathing-platform.html
One controller 681€: https://www.svb-marine.es/es/bavaria-control-of-linear-actuator-for-bathing-platform.html
We have now one motor broken again and we are thinking about moving to any other system.

Has anyone gone for any other system to lift/lower the platform?
Bavaria 46/51 (2014-2015) (same hulls as previous generation (Bavaria 45/50 from 2011) but different decks) do como with a different system that consists of:
1. a gas spring integrated on the hinge to push the platform down at the first stage of the process:
https://www.svb-marine.es/es/bavaria-hinge-bathing-platform-cruiser-46.html
2. Anchor rope motor from Lewmar to control the system
https://www.svb-marine.es/es/bavaria-cable-winch-for-bathing-platform-tfl.html

Considering on converting one of the motors into a gas spring (just drop a gas spring or a regular spring inside), so it can push the platform out the first part of the movement, and using that Lewmar winch for the controlled movement, but I need pics from how it is all wired, regarding sensors for stopping when it is fully lifted, and stuff like that, and how is the fiber work done internally, I would create another post asking for pictures if that comes,

Does anyone think of any other solution, would you keep paying 2.200€ every two years for a new motor that can leave you any minute without previous notice right before the season

ORINAL (pic from the net)

Actual system:

My idea:

Does anyone think of any other solution, would you keep paying 2.200€ every two years for a new motor that can leave you any minute without previous notice right before the season

Matay

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 45 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2013
Re: Bavaria 45-50 Swimming platform Motors
« Reply #1 on: July 07 2020, 23:49 »
Unfortunately no.
I have a Crusier 45 2013.
Mine comtrol box also has gone but somehow my maintenace team manaved to fix a system with relays. But I don’t expect that to be permenant solution.
May be an hydrolic system?
I believe, what you proposed is where we all end up.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: July 08 2020, 04:06 »
Hi Alnavasa, and welcome to the forum.
The forum has a useful search facility located close to the top right corner of the page you are on, though often it is helpful to narrow the search. Can I suggest that if you go back to the main page and first select “Modifications and Equipment.”
On the page that comes up go to the search entry point in the top right corner and type in “Swimming platform” or, I found “Swim Platform” gave more results, although not all were entirely relevant to your specific question. One, or more of them, however showed a rope tackle arrangement which was set up so that it lifted both sides of the platform evenly. There were several comments in that specific thread and in others which may answer your particular question.
Fortunately for me my boat is older than yours and does not have that kind of stern arrangement, but I’m fairly sure that a cure was found.

alnavasa

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: July 08 2020, 13:35 »
Unfortunately no.
I have a Crusier 45 2013.
Mine comtrol box also has gone but somehow my maintenace team manaved to fix a system with relays. But I don’t expect that to be permenant solution.
May be an hydrolic system?
I believe, what you proposed is where we all end up.

Well, our first system came without the control box, and the second came with it, the control box was a big upgrade, giving the ability to re align them.

alnavasa

• Swab
« Reply #4 on: July 08 2020, 13:54 »
Hi Alnavasa, and welcome to the forum.
The forum has a useful search facility located close to the top right corner of the page you are on, though often it is helpful to narrow the search. Can I suggest that if you go back to the main page and first select “Modifications and Equipment.”
On the page that comes up go to the search entry point in the top right corner and type in “Swimming platform” or, I found “Swim Platform” gave more results, although not all were entirely relevant to your specific question. One, or more of them, however showed a rope tackle arrangement which was set up so that it lifted both sides of the platform evenly. There were several comments in that specific thread and in others which may answer your particular question.
Fortunately for me my boat is older than yours and does not have that kind of stern arrangement, but I’m fairly sure that a cure was found.

Hi, Thanks, but the ones I have seeing are the previous generation platforms, that are way lighter and smaller, with completely different system (around 2008-2009)

http://bavariayacht.org/forum/index.php/topic,38.25.html