Author Topic: 2005 door handles B39Cr  (Read 2005 times)

mowa

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: B39 Cr
  • Boat Year: 2005
2005 door handles B39Cr
« on: July 06 2020, 18:16 »
This week the springs that maintain the door handles in horizontal position have started to broke simultaneously with a "clack" sound. Is a coordinated fault and I expect all the spring to be broken in a few days. I saw the replacement at an astonishing price:
https://www.svb24.com/en/bavaria-lock-for-access-door.html#19730
Someone have try to replace the springs of this model?

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: 2005 door handles B39Cr
« Reply #1 on: July 06 2020, 18:47 »
You can buy them direct from Sweden for rather less - https://www.onmar.se/en/door-locks/spare-parts/external-privacy-spring-for-mccoy

Domi409

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: B45
  • Boat Year: 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 06 2020, 20:15 »
This is not the part failing. This part is to manage the lock of the door, not the handle. I tried to open a broken system to analyse the broken spring but it is not so obvious, so purchased the complete system from SVB.

Holger

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: July 06 2020, 21:25 »
I attach some instructions if you want to do a DIY repair (which works well at our boat for three or four years now). The broken springs are fairly cheap and available on Ebay and certainly other places. To replace the whole insert seems a bit overdone. One instruction is in German, but the guy who wrote it (also member of this forum) included a lot of photos which should guide you through the repair process. More important, he included the measuremants of the springs you should look for. Hope this helps and - if so - please say thank you to SY Confidence (I do not know his user name in this forum).

Klausen

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 37 cr
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #4 on: July 06 2020, 22:57 »
It's not a repair, but a fast solution. Just take off the handle and put it back with a turn of 90° so that it shows downward.

mowa

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: B39 Cr
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 07 2020, 08:15 »
I attach some instructions if you want to do a DIY repair (which works well at our boat for three or four years now). The broken springs are fairly cheap and available on Ebay and certainly other places. To replace the whole insert seems a bit overdone. One instruction is in German, but the guy who wrote it (also member of this forum) included a lot of photos which should guide you through the repair process. More important, he included the measuremants of the springs you should look for. Hope this helps and - if so - please say thank you to SY Confidence (I do not know his user name in this forum).

Thank you very much for the information, I will try the repair. ... and many thanks to SY Confidence as well!!.