Author Topic: Loss of heading data in Raymarine Suite  (Read 1485 times)

Ziffius

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 39
  • Boat Year: 2005
Loss of heading data in Raymarine Suite
« on: June 06 2020, 11:26 »
Replaced my old C70 a few years ago with an Raymarine A9 digital plotter, had to link it all in with the old sea talk and sea talk NG. All worked fine much to my surprise until I switched on this season when the chart plotter started giving "NO HEADING" warnings. COG and Autopilot still worked although the AP sometimes displayed "NO SPEED"

When the heading does work the chart plotter says the data source is the Sea Talk NG bus.  Anyone experienced similar issues?
presently checking all connections but had to pause due horrible weather here in the Corfu summer! Thunder lighting rain and howling winds.

SorinCT

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C36
Re: Loss of heading data in Raymarine Suite
« Reply #1 on: June 06 2020, 19:19 »
Have a look at the flux compass and check cabling (spur cable or analog to itc5) and also try to diagnose and recalibrate using the i70 unit.

Ziffius

• Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 07 2020, 09:39 »
flux compass and cables all look OK, what is the I70? did you mean C70 - I don't have it any more as it broke.

Ziffius

• Old Salt
Re: Loss of heading data in Raymarine Suite - fixed
« Reply #3 on: June 07 2020, 10:14 »
Problem solved I think, examined the problem - AP display was showing Heading OK but the sea talk wasn't passing it to plotter - disconnected the sea talk NG and there was no difference to the chart plotter - tried disconnecting the input cable to the Sea talk NG converter and re connected - problem seems to be fixed. the connection involved was a secure locking type and hasn't been disturbed for over a year so do not know why it should suddenly go a bit flaky.

SorinCT

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C36
« Reply #4 on: June 07 2020, 14:55 »
I had the same problem with the quantum radar. That's why i tend yo keep all plugs and equipment accessible in case i need yo fiddle with the connections.
I70 is the "tri-data" instrument which can get input from all transducers and network devices (including flux compass).