Author Topic: Gas stove/oven not working - B49  (Read 1486 times)

TASL116

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 49
  • Boat Year: 2004
Gas stove/oven not working - B49
« on: May 28 2020, 15:55 »
I know from now to stern there is a manual valve, then a panel switch, and then a (solenoid?) at the tank under the helm seat. My propane tanks are full, but I can’t get my stove to work. HELP, please!?!?

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Gas stove/oven not working - B49
« Reply #1 on: May 28 2020, 20:10 »
Your situation sounds to me as if you have a problem with your gas detection system, and where you have an add on device which automatically closes your gas supply valve in the event of either detecting gas in the area where your gas detector sensor is located or that you have a problem with the add on system that automatically shuts down the gas supply. Not all boats have that add on arrangement, but a friends boat has such system (made by Pilot) and his too had shut the gas supply line. Unfortunately I don’t remember what he did to fix the problem.
Since writing the previous paragraph, I’ve just spoken to my friend, and it turns out he purchased a new gas detector sensor and wired it in after disconnecting the original sensor. Apparently it took him a couple of days on his boat to complete the job as it turned out to be more complicated than he had anticipated. Evidently he reckons the add on box has more wires in it than NASA might have used on one of their space probes. !!
Does your gas detection system display any faults or gas detection indications, also do you have gas in your gas bottle, and is the valve on the gas bottle open ?

TASL116

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: May 30 2020, 14:59 »
I don’t believe I have a gas detection system, as I don’t see any dials, indicators, panels, or lights, etc... My propane tank is full (and I’ve tried with both of them), and I did open the valve on the tank, and before the stove (on the wall in the galley), A’s well as turning on the LP switch on the switch panel.

B49

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: July 03 2020, 18:57 »
I had the same problem last year. Happened from one day to the next. Changed the low pressure reduction valve by the tank and everything worked. Highly corrosive environment and a sensitive valve. Cost me 15usd. Maybe the same problem?

Be ware to use threaded connections to maintain CE approval.