Author Topic: Table height Vision 42  (Read 3161 times)

Ronald

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2018
Table height Vision 42
« on: November 17 2019, 09:15 »
Hello.
I am going to change the fixed pedestal in the cabin for one who can be lowered to create extra berths. 

Now I am trying to determine the minimum length when lowered, I think it need to be 335 mm to allow the table to rest flat on the floor supports.

This would be 360 mm to underside folding table. When  I measured the table slide mechanism it is about 25 mm

Has any of the 42 owners such a pedestal installation and would you be willing to measure the distance between the underside of the table sliding part and the floor.

If you could locate a brand and type that would also be great.

Thanks for your support.

Ronald.

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Table height Vision 42
« Reply #1 on: January 19 2020, 03:23 »
Do you still need these measurements? I have a V46 with the electric pedestal on the saloon table. The table opens out and when lowered it makes a double berth with the sofa cushions around the corner  I think that is what you are trying to do?  I'm sure the height will be the same as the 42 

I am still a little confused by exactly what measurement you need. If I lower my table to make it a bunk with the cabin sofa is that the height you need?
Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46

JJackson18b

• Swab
  • Boat Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 09 2020, 05:19 »
Kilo do know if you can add the pedestal or who made it?

JJ
Jon J.  SV Ruck-Up

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 09 2020, 15:52 »
Mine was original fitting from new

SVB in Germany sells Bavaria parts

A quick search found this one which is manual adjustment. There is a power one too. I have power in my saloon table and manual in my cockpit table

https://www.svb24.com/en/height-adjustable-chair-table-base-with-seat-plate.html
Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46

Ronald

• First Mate
« Reply #4 on: May 12 2020, 16:18 »
https://www.poertner-zwaardvis.de/en/products/triton/triton_deluxe.php

This is the original supplied Bavaria manual pedestal.

I ordered a 25 x 40 cm 8 mm thick aluminium plate to be fitted on top as that matches the dimensions of the stainless support plat. Drilled a few matching holes to match the pedestal en table sliding plate.

I selected the 25 spring but would order the 30 kg next time as the table is pretty heavy..

Regards Ronald.

JJackson18b

• Swab
« Reply #5 on: May 13 2020, 13:16 »
Ronald, this is what I was looking for, are you going to use it in the main cabin?  Looking at the list of choices, I see the 30 kg but which which one did you order (310-685) or (335-715)? Also did you order the plate from the same company so you can attach the original table Top slide  I’m very interested in the outcome of this, since I’ve been looking to see how I can do this with our Vision 42.  We both work from the boat and would love to be able to lower the table from time to time.

Jon
Jon J.  SV Ruck-Up

Ronald

• First Mate
« Reply #6 on: May 13 2020, 17:17 »
Jon
I ordered the335-715 height from the site I shared.
They offer a support plate but that increases the height with 12 mm and then the table in lowered position including the Bavaria pillow will be higher the the other pillows.
Other negative is the plate is not  the correct size as you need Wide 25 cm x 40 cm length x 0.8 cm thick,   the poertner zwaardvis base plate does Not match that size.

Therefore I ordered just a plain aluminium plate from a local supplier and drilled the 8 holes my self. Easy job plus a lot cheaper the the plate supplied by poertner zwaardvis.

Note al screw sizes in the table and pedestal are metric.

The 6 holes in the floor plate do not match the original 4 holes of the stainless support so you need to drill 6 new holes in the floorboard. 8 mm

You will see that you can use the nuts again as they are self locking Type https://www.karwei.nl/assortiment/karwei-inslagmoer-m8-6-stuks/p/B450849

To fix the 2 extra bolts towards the centre of the boat you will need to place 2 screw in nuts in the floor board
https://www.karwei.nl/assortiment/karwei-rampamoer-m8-10-stuks/p/B451492

The reason for this is you will be to close to one of the cross member to fit the inslagmoer type
Sorry don’t know the English word for these type of nuts. 

I can take some pics over the weekend as installed it weeks ago inside the cabin indeed.

Regards Ronald

Ronald

• First Mate
« Reply #7 on: May 15 2020, 20:21 »
See the pictures

JJackson18b

• Swab
« Reply #8 on: May 18 2020, 02:56 »
Ronald, absolutely brilliant! I assume it is sturdy and easy to use too.  The pictures really help me, thank you!

JJ
Jon J.  SV Ruck-Up