Author Topic: md22 oil filter  (Read 1142 times)

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
md22 oil filter
« on: May 22 2020, 13:58 »
If anybody is on board an ocean 40 cc I would very much appreciate a photo of the front of the engine lower section . I want to know how close to the engine bed the oil filter is, and whether or not an oil pump with vertical filter would fit.  cheers Geoff

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
Re: md22 oil filter
« Reply #1 on: May 22 2020, 14:25 »
This help?

There's plenty of room underneath to put a hand when unscrewing the filter. Not sure what you want to install there instead?

Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

geoff

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: 40 ocean
Re: md22 oil filter
« Reply #2 on: May 22 2020, 14:52 »
Many thanks Yngmar just what I need . At the end of last season my md22 suffered from an oil leak from the area of the front crank/ oil pump area. As it was due anyway I replaced the belt , tensioner and guide pully  the water pump was also starting to weep [kept it going for 5yrs with Kseal] . With that lot out of the way I removed the oil pump and replaced the crank oil seal. I am now plssed off that the oil still leaks! . The next job is to check the pressure relief to see if the plunger seal is failing. If that is not the problem there is probably a small fault in the oil pump casting. Maestro oil pumps are £20 but the filter housing is vertical so room is tight on the engine bed. Thanks  Geoff