Author Topic: Fridge electricity from Solar charge controller  (Read 2164 times)

Smaigels

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B37CR
  • Boat Year: 2007
Fridge electricity from Solar charge controller
« on: March 23 2020, 07:48 »
Hi folks,

I'm planning to route fridge power supply through my MPPT Solar carge controller. That will enable me to monitor the power usage of the fridge since it's the greates consumer in my B37 cruser 2007.

However, i would like to have the fridge power switch to remain in the main electronics panel to be neat. Opening the panel the background appears quite advanced.

Any thoughts about this kind of solution? Charge controller is Epever brand with bluetooth remote controller.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Fridge electricity from Solar charge controller
« Reply #1 on: March 23 2020, 09:12 »
You should note the number allocated to the switch for your refrigerator on your main control panel, then after opening the panel door look inside the space behind the panel. In particular look towards the inside of the hull where you will see a series of numbered electrical terminals. One of them will correspond to the number allocated to your refrigerator switch. It will be from that point onwards that you would need to divert the wiring through your electric current monitoring device.and onwards to your refrigerator compressor. Don’t attempt to go directly from the switch panel.

Smaigels

• Swab
  • Boat Model: B37CR
  • Boat Year: 2007
Re: Fridge electricity from Solar charge controller
« Reply #2 on: March 23 2020, 13:51 »
Thanks Salty. I'll have a peek on that next time on the docks.