Author Topic: Bavaria 44 1993-1997  (Read 1547 times)

Zeester

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 44
  • Boat Year: 1993
Bavaria 44 1993-1997
« on: December 26 2019, 18:40 »
Hi everyone

My wife and i bought a bavaria 44 this past summer (2019). It is produced in 1993 and all information I have on the boat is the attached brochure. The boat was (according to seller, produced in a pretty low number as it was too expensive to produce for the bavaria price area - dont know if thats true). Also according to the previous ownwe, the boat vas produced in different versions the most common is the Bavaria 44 holiday.

As I have searched the internet extensively and come up short i now try to reach out to the Bavaria community for more information on the boat.

What i would really love is at copy of the owners manual but it would also be great to find someone who owns / has owned this particular boat.

Any info/tips/conserns about the boat would be greatly appreciated. Also links to web sites with info that i might have missed.

Sincierly Thomas

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Bavaria 44 1993-1997
« Reply #1 on: December 28 2019, 23:13 »
I think this is the first of the J&J designed boats but built in small numbers before they made the switch to mass production with a wider range of boats to a similar design.

It is unlikely there was ever any kind of structured handbook - these were not required by law until 1998. It was common practice for builders then to provide the original buyer with a mixture of typed notes and a collection of manuals for all the equipment fitted to the boat. One would like to think that a keen owner would have built up a file of useful material for the operation and maintenance of the boat and that it would have stayed with the boat.

One good thing about Bavarias is that for their type, they are relatively simple boats and most of the equipment fitted comes from well known manufacturers so sourcing parts is not too difficult. The biggest problem with a 25 year old boat (of any make) is that successive owners have a habit of "improving" them and this is what causes most headaches. Particularly true of electrics and electronics where typically much will have been replaced or added over the years.

Looking at the brochure there does not seem to be much difference between your boat and later similar sized boats except the Yanmar engine (Bavaria went exclusive Volvo a few years later), but Yanmar is as equally well supported as Volvo.