Author Topic: Where can I find factory Spray Hood frame and cover for 2004 Bavaria 38?  (Read 3023 times)

cleverdeer

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2004
Hello All,

I'm wondering if it's possible to buy a factory sprayhood frame and cover for my 2004 Bavaria 38 cruiser.

I purchased the boat last year and it has the deck fittings for the sprayhood, but somewhere along the line the actual sprayhood itself went missing.

I imagine the sprayhood was/is something that was factory fitted and therefore wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I could get my hands on a new/second hand frame and cover.

Even just the frame would be great and I could get a cover made to fit.

Failing that, some shop drawings/plans would be a good backup option and I could manufacture the frame myself.

Thanks in advance!
JD (SV Julieta)

Odysseus

• Old Salt
  • Bill and Linda
    • www.scanmar-odysseus.co.uk
  • Boat Year: 2006
Put C&J materials chichester, UK  look up on Google the phone number and ask for wain Strickland, he will sort you out, they have all the patterns.

Hope this helps

Odysseus
Bav 38
Odysseus

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Whether it was a factory fit or not may well depend on where the boat was first commissioned. The factory fit is not very good and many dealers have the spray hoods made locally. In the UK at the time your boat was built that was done by C&J as already suggested although in recent years a different firm Tecsew has the contract.

In reality having the fittings in place is not a help unless you know exactly who made the original. it is best to find a reputable local firm to make a custom frame and hood for you then you will know that it will be well fitted. These things are not mass produced and price will depend on quality and the features you want. As suggested C&J have all the patterns for that model but there is no guarantee that the mounting points for the frame and cover will match with you existing fittings. On the other hand a local supplier who can visit and measure the boat may well be able to make one to utilise your existing fittings.

cleverdeer

• Swab
That's very helpful thank you.

The mainsail cover I have is C&J and the boat was commissioned in the UK so I'm guessing the sprayhood was manufactured by C&J as well.

I'll give them a call and investigate further.

Cheers.

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
Link to your boat on the C&J website:-  https://www.cjmarine.co.uk/model/bavaria-38/

Twhitt

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: 38 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 2000
We got a frame and sprayhood cover for our Bavaria 38 Holiday from CJMarine, all bought online.

Fitted it from scratch in less than an hour, very happy with it.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
We got a frame and sprayhood cover for our Bavaria 38 Holiday from CJMarine, all bought online.

Fitted it from scratch in less than an hour, very happy with it.

Likewise for a full cockpit enclosure for a B36(2002) from C&JMarine ordered at their stand at one of the Southampton boat shows. They made the canvaswork and the stainless steel tube supports, and provided all of the fittings and sent it out for me to fit. This they made from their records for this model of boat without them ever setting foot onboard my boat. They included a full set of fitting instructions, the framework was fitted by me from those instructions and the cover fitted exactly. It has to be one of the best improvements made to my boat, and I would not be without it.

cleverdeer

• Swab
Great to hear two glowing reviews of C&J Marine. Very helpful info!

Appreciate the photos and personal experiences.