Author Topic: 140 Ah 12 volt Deep cycle refillable lead acid batteries selection.  (Read 2128 times)

ICENI

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2002
Hi Folks,

I will soon need to replace my two 140Ah service batteries.   Any help in selection will be greatly appreciated please.

I require the following:-

12volt 140 Ah (or there abouts)  Deep cycle refillable lead acid type.

I live in the U.K.

Thankyou guys

IslandAlchemy

• Old Salt
Why not buy a pair of Trojan T015s.  They are 6v - 225Ah.  Wire them in serial and you have a demon setup.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
Can’t particularly help with the choice of battery or from where to buy them, but do look at the way your batteries will be secured into the battery storage bay. Different makers provide different fittings, and that can mean your existing securing arrangement may not fit. In particular if you are buying online get the seller to confirm that the shape of the batteries is exactly as they show them in their advertisement. Sometimes the stock photos are not updated !!!

Stevie H

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36 Holiday
  • Boat Year: 2000
I have recently replaced my house batteries (Bav 36 2000) with 2 x 140 Bosch L5075 deep cycle batteries, albeit they are sealed lead acid. Now realise that my old batteries really were on their last legs!

Purchased from Tayna batteries, who I would recommend -friendly helpful service, good price and very good delivery -ordered at 3pm, arrived 10.30am the next day

ICENI

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
Thanks Stevie,

I have been looking at that supplier.   They look good.