Author Topic: Bavaria Panel  (Read 2033 times)

karatzdi

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C51 Model
  • Boat Year: 2016
Bavaria Panel
« on: May 28 2019, 16:41 »
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. My name is Dimitris, 
I manage a Bavaria C51 Model 2016.
Got the electrical panel next to Chart Table, (this panel features 12v Socket and USB plugs).
When pushing the Compass and Navigation buttons, to turn on navigation  GPS Plotter/ Autopilot/VHF/Wind instruments etc,
the Navigation LED blinks and never stops. I switch it off, and then back on again. It may stay on or it may blink again.

I repeat the process 2 - 4 times (fast) and finally stays solid on.

All equipment / instruments are working fine. The manual says that there is a fault and I have to remove the fault.

Anyone else experienced this fault ?

Thank you in advance.

Yngmar

• Administrator
  • Boat Model: 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Re: Bavaria Panel
« Reply #1 on: May 29 2019, 15:37 »
Sounds like an overload fault. Disconnect each instrument from power until you find the faulty one that's causing it. Could also be a wiring problem somewhere en route, but since it goes away after a couple tries, probably one of your instruments has developed a power supply issue and draws too much power at startup.
Sailing Songbird  ⛵️ Bavaria 40 Ocean (2001)

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Bavaria Panel
« Reply #2 on: June 03 2019, 15:32 »
Dimitris, try changing the relay for that push button or swapping it for one of the relays your not using. The button just energises a relay that does the switching. The relays are on the secondary board and are numbered. This is where the fuses are also located for all the items you panel switches on and off.

Ant. 
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing