Author Topic: Control Panel F Buttons  (Read 2383 times)

lawrence_craig

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 46
  • Boat Year: 2007
Control Panel F Buttons
« on: April 08 2019, 18:31 »
Hi All,

I have a bavaria 46 2007 with the 301/302 control panel.

I am looking to wire some stuff to the F buttons (switches) at the bottom of the panel

I can see in the manual where to connect the red +ve wire but cannot work out where to put the -ve black wire. Anyone got any clues? Probably something really simple...

Many thanks

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: Control Panel F Buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 08 2019, 21:09 »
Hi All,

I have a bavaria 46 2007 with the 301/302 control panel.

I am looking to wire some stuff to the F buttons (switches) at the bottom of the panel

I can see in the manual where to connect the red +ve wire but cannot work out where to put the -ve black wire. Anyone got any clues? Probably something really simple...

Many thanks

Connect the negative black wire to the negative return connection on whatever it is that you want to wire in, then take the black wire to the common negative bus bar located on a panel between the switchboard and the inside of the hull and directly behind the switchboard.
Note that the switches you refer to will most likely be connected to some point also on that same panel the negative bus bar is attached to, and that point should be identified with the same number as the switch. You can then attach your + positive wire to that point on the panel with a spade type connector. That way you don’t actually connect directly to the switch.