Author Topic: Cockpit Table  (Read 2220 times)

Alphadug

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 42
  • Boat Year: 2015
Cockpit Table
« on: January 16 2019, 17:37 »
Don't know if this has been covered anywhere. We have a 2015 Vision 42 with the manually collapsible cockpit table. The table will not slide down, even when I sit on it. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? If we manage to get it down it's a struggle to raise it again.

Thanks,
Doug

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Cockpit Table
« Reply #1 on: January 18 2019, 17:13 »
I have the same table on my V46. It gets stiffer as it gets salty and dirty.  I lubricate the pistons periodically (twice a year maybe) with a very small amount of lubricant like CorrosionX . Spray onto a cloth or kitchen towel and wipe around the piston.

I still have to sit on it to get it down but I think that is more the pressure inside the pistons not friction. When I release the cam clips if it's down it springs back up easily. 

I also use the same lube on the table sliders too.

Hope it helps
Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46

Sunharvester

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2016
Re: Cockpit Table
« Reply #2 on: August 22 2021, 14:18 »
Reviving this thread as I have had same problem. Even worse for me is the aluminum table top frame is not very secure to the top stanchion pipe.  Right now I put in a few countersink rivets but it's not very secure.

Has anyone had the same problem and what was your solution?

From what I can see, whatever fastener is used it must be countersunk to allow the top to seat properly to convert to lounger.  I could slap a big bolt on but then it wouldn't seat.