Author Topic: Stern Shower Tap Covers  (Read 2969 times)

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
Stern Shower Tap Covers
« on: January 11 2019, 08:22 »
Have now had the second set of these covers break off in 5 years. Temp fixed by drilling and changing securing screw to flat head allows for sideways movement when access is needed. However, the plastic of the cap has nearly completely broken down (sunlight) and is very fragile. There must be a better solution for the shower covers than the current plastic cap one though?

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Stern Shower Tap Covers
« Reply #1 on: January 11 2019, 15:09 »
New plastic covers are cheap, so it's probably easiest just to replace them.  The alternative might be to replace the two separate fittings with a one-piece shower unit, but I don't think it would cover the existing holes.

https://www.svb24.com/en/bavaria-shower-cubicle.html

Fenders

• Able Seaman
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 32
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: January 11 2019, 21:11 »
Bought replacements from Penguin Engineering on Hayling Island. Very cheap at about £2 each.
Penguin are also good for shower handle replacements and taps, etc.

dawntreader

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria37
  • Boat Year: 2006
« Reply #3 on: January 12 2019, 08:02 »
I have bought inexpensive replacements but being in the Canary Islands makes delivery a little more difficult. The current design which relies on the flexibility of the plastic 'arm' is poor as this is the weak point. My current 'solution' whereby the cap is pulled slightly forward and turned to one side puts far less strain on the arms. Just a thought....... ::) ;)