Author Topic: Panel 301 – Malfunction  (Read 4506 times)

Trivia

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 36
  • Boat Year: 2013
Panel 301 – Malfunction
« on: May 03 2018, 16:15 »
We experienced a temporary malfunction to the Panel 301 of our boat.
It is a Bavaria 37 – year 2013
We attach a pdf explaning the problem. We still can't figure out what caused the temporary malfunction.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Impavidus

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria C 37
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: Panel 301 – Malfunction
« Reply #1 on: May 03 2018, 18:19 »
Not had this problem. However we do find that our nav button, top row second from left sometimes fails to close the relay for the current (Ve+) to supply the chart plotter and radio. I would suspect the triac is "wonkey" or there is a dry joint. We, from delivery we had the same problem with the anchor light Clipper had two attempts to fix it. We have just changed to an LED bulb and the problem is solved. On our first cruise down to the Scillies the fridge started acting up. I got out the trusted fluke and found the relay was closing on the primary but not contacting on the secondary. I now carry 3 spare. I would say the performance of these relays is at best suspect out the factory, and the board is not moisture protected with any schmoo or coating so you can expect some funnies as time goes by.........

Ant.
Visit our YouTube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/SVImpavidusAntCidSailing

SofiaB

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 15 2018, 05:27 »
I’m currently having the same issue with power to the radio on a 2016 Vision 46. Pressing the power button on/off several times causes the power to turn on. Relay acting wonky is a good description. Anyone know the PN and source off hand?
Cheers,  Stuart  (Sofia)

Conralph

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vison 42
« Reply #3 on: October 19 2018, 14:13 »
Hello,
the same problem with the nav-button. The LED shows the malfunction (flashes). Vision 42 build in 2015. Yes i can change it to the F- buttons, but i hope everybody has an idea to fix it on the right position.
Ralph

tiger79

• Old Salt
  • 2014 Cruiser 37
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 37
  • Boat Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 19 2018, 20:47 »
The LED shows the malfunction (flashes).

Ah, interesting. I've been having problems turning the fridge on, and the light on the panel has flashed.  I have a 2014 boat with the latest panel (doesn't hinge out, but is connected to a remote panel with the relays and fuses on it).  I thought it was a fridge malfunction, and replaced the thermostat, but maybe it's a relay malfunction.  Do the relays just plug in?

Conralph

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria Vison 42
« Reply #5 on: October 22 2018, 11:11 »
Hello,
we're not back on the ship until the weekend, then I look at the relays. Bavaria has sent me a manual, unfortunately the block diagram is missing, I try to get it yet.
The instructions don't really help either. Maybe someone can start something with it?
Ralph

yknot

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 36 C
  • Boat Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 07 2018, 19:40 »
Anyone with panel trouble should call the number on this link and talk to Darko.
He repaired my panel and it has been working perfect ever since (about two years ago).

dmendela.wixsite.com/electronicakurnata