Author Topic: Bav40 Ocean - Throttle Lever - High RPM Button - Missing  (Read 5029 times)

Nashira

• Swab
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 40 Ocean
  • Boat Year: 2001
Good to see the new forum being used...

I'm found it difficult to imagine there is but a single RPM setting for the MD22LBT engine. I note the throttle lever on the stbd side of the pedestal has a hole at lower pivot mount. I found that if I used a small screwdriver to depress the recessed surface inside the hole, I was able control RPM higher and lower whilst the transmission remained disengaged.. makes sense.

I am having difficulty sourcing the missing button that would surely cover the open hole and be used to depress the mechanism that allows the throttle to control RPM while remaining in "neutral."

Can anyone direct me to a source of information about this missing button and how I might be able to install a replacement? Using a screwdriver or a nail to control the throttle lever just seems rather inappropriate for such a lovely boat.

Cheers,

Ed
Ed

benkay

• Swab
Re: Bav40 Ocean - Throttle Lever - High RPM Button - Missing
« Reply #1 on: September 02 2011, 08:12 »
Yes, that's a neutral button in the middle. Your engine could probably rev higher because it's under no-load conditions.

Is it a stainless handle? If so, it sounds like one of ours. Plunger kit (with everything you need) can be purchased here :

http://www.lewmar.com/products.asp?id=8543&lid=26872

BR, Ben

Nashira

• Swab
« Reply #2 on: September 02 2011, 09:01 »
Thanks Benkay... Yep it's the "T"-topped silver lever. Thanks for the guidance! I'll follow up with Lewmar and let you know.

Cheers,

Ed
Ed

Nashira

• Swab
« Reply #3 on: November 24 2011, 21:54 »
Thanks Benkay. I ordered the part you suggested and installed - everything works as advertised.
Ed