Author Topic: WANTED - Rutgerson - RC750 Deck Rope Clutch's  (Read 3308 times)

artemis

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34
  • Boat Year: 2001
WANTED - Rutgerson - RC750 Deck Rope Clutch's
« on: May 02 2017, 01:25 »
Hi there

Does anyone have a single or 2 x double rutgerson RC750 rope clutches for sale! can you email me on mikewood1163(at)aol.com

Rgds
Mike
Artemis

MPDausen

• Swab
  • Boat Model: 37'
  • Boat Year: 2002
Re: WANTED - Rutgerson - RC750 Deck Rope Clutch's
« Reply #1 on: May 02 2017, 20:13 »
Mike,

I just bought new handles to replace mine, as the brittle plastic does not like to be stepped on, directly from: http://www.rutgerson.se/
The rest of the clutch (2002) seems fine.

All local Annapolis riggers I have contacted don't have better pricing or access for cheaper shipping from overseas.

Cheers,
Mike

S/V Akela
2002 '37

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: May 02 2017, 22:42 »
The last Rutgerson RC750 rope clutch that I bought, was from a firm located at Hillington in Glasgow.
It might have been this firm http://www.marineteck.com and they claim to be Rutgerson agents. They should be able to advise you of your local or nearest supplier. Alternatively go direct to Rutgerson in Sweden.

As for breaking the handles in MPD's posting, make a point of closing them up first instead of leaving them open, and that way the handles don't break so easily if you tread on them.

artemis

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 34
  • Boat Year: 2001
« Reply #3 on: May 03 2017, 17:59 »
Cheers for the info guys I bought a single rope clutch off ebay same type it was for a line I have on the stb side I use for the cruising chute it just lays there no clutch for it and I believe you bee the same type of clutch for the metal strips bonded into the fiberglass.

Thanks again

Mike
Artemis