Author Topic: Bavaria 56 Electric Bathing Platform at rear  (Read 3123 times)

VINCE

• Swab
  • Boat Model: BAVARIA 56
  • Boat Year: 2015
Bavaria 56 Electric Bathing Platform at rear
« on: August 13 2016, 21:07 »
I have an almost new Bavaria 56 but the rear flap - the bathing platform - is giving problems.  It has now stuck open - it will open further but will not retract.  It goes just one way and refuses to go the other way.  It is some kind of problem I think with the electrical supply.  Has anybody else has this problem?

Kibo

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Vision 46
  • Boat Year: 2014
Re: Bavaria 56 Electric Bathing Platform at rear
« Reply #1 on: August 15 2016, 22:00 »
Try lubrication on the rams. I had this issue on a previous boat and when the rams stick the motor can't overcome the resistance. Might be a safety issue too so that any objects caught in the closing platform do not damage it since the motor stops. I did away with motor drive altogether and went with a block and tackle instead. It is interesting that my current boat, 2014 Vision 46, came factory fitted with a manual pully system which never fails me !

Ian
SV Kibo, 2014 Bavaria Vision 46

VINCE

• Swab
  • Boat Model: BAVARIA 56
  • Boat Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: August 17 2016, 13:49 »
Hi again - Thanks for your comment but it is not a lubrication problem - I have now traced it to a re-set button on one of the electronics boxes plus there is an issue with the telescopic rams getting slightly out of sync and I will fix it when I get back to the Yard - Many Thanks

Matay

• Cadet
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 45 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 02 2020, 10:26 »
Dear Vince,

I have the same/similar issue now on my Cruiser 45 2013
Can you tell please how you fixed it?

Thanks in advance

Mirror45184

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Cruiser 40
  • Boat Year: 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 08 2020, 01:40 »
Electric actuators and (salt) water is always going to have a sorry ending. When they failed on Synergy I took them off and replaced them with a tackle system. Also fitted a slide bolt at the top to lock it closed. Haven't had a problem since!

Mark Hutton
SV SYnergy
B40 Cruiser 2009