Author Topic: HIN & Builders Plate location on Bavaria Ocean CC 38  (Read 4008 times)

1simon

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Ocean
  • Boat Year: 1998
HI All,

I have just joined this forum today.

I have a 1998 Bavaria Ocean cc 38.( acquired now)

Can anyone who has the same boat help me locate the hull identification number on the hull? Bavaria manual says it should be at the "starboard transom below the deck". But I cannot find it .

Also ,  can anyone advise where the builders plate is located. Bavaria manual says it should be "laminated into starboard locker seat towards wall towards the cockpit".

Help  anyone who owns a Bavaria Ocean 38!!!

Regards

Simon

Symphony

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 33
  • Boat Year: 2015
Re: HIN & Builders Plate location on Bavaria Ocean CC 38
« Reply #1 on: August 10 2016, 18:03 »
That is where it is located. It is moulded into hull just below the rubbing strake. It starts DE-BAV then model number and a date code.

All that information should be on the boat's documentation as that is what identifies the boat on the builder Certificate that goes from the factory to the first owner. not sure about a builders plate. My 2001 37 did not have one - only the HIN, neither does my new 33. Your boat is probably pre CE marking,  as it came in that year so you might also have a CE "plate" - actually in those days a sticker, but this may have worn away.

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #2 on: August 10 2016, 19:47 »
I think there is some confusion here, the markings I've seen on all Bavarias I've seen, are not on the transom at all but just forward of it. It is located on the starboard side of the hull as Symphony has said but within a metre of where the side joins the transom and just a short distance below the rubbing strake or toe rail. It's moulded into the gel coat and doesn't stand out as a separate colour, so you have to look for it. Once found its very clear what it is.

landes_h

• Able Seaman
  • Blue sky sailor
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 38
  • Boat Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: August 11 2016, 11:09 »
see pics
If the numbers are all missing, maybe the boat is stolen  :cop. Not by you of course but the manual also should have the building number. Maybe there is a data base of stolen/missing boats you could check with the number in your manual.
At least the number in the starboard locker should be there, it's laminated. The outer number plate on my boat is laready broken and may fall off soon.
Greetings
Horst
Bavaria 38 / 2003 berth Portoroz, Slowenia

1simon

• First Mate
  • Boat Model: Ocean
  • Boat Year: 1998
« Reply #4 on: August 22 2016, 12:02 »
Hi All,

Found the HIN on the transom, just behind the passarelle, which was hiding it!

Thanks for your comments/ replies.

Simon