Author Topic: Cockpit table for Bavaria 34 (and others?)  (Read 15665 times)

Lyra

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: B36
  • Boat Year: 2004
Re: Cockpit table for Bavaria 34 (and others?)
« Reply #25 on: June 07 2016, 17:08 »
Very nice table.
I already have a teak table but like the extension idea very much - will see how I can add it.
S/Y Lyra
B36 / 2004

Salty

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36
  • Boat Year: 2002
« Reply #26 on: June 07 2016, 23:28 »
Very impressive joinery on the undersides of the tables there Jon, very impressive. Did you also make the attachment hinge arrangement where the table connects to the binnacle? If so is there any chance of a close up photo of that part please.

jonrarit

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: Bavaria 36 Cruiser
  • Boat Year: 2005
« Reply #27 on: June 08 2016, 13:43 »
Thanks Lyra, the extension is held in place with three stainless steel pins inset 50mm into the extension. These locate into three holes in the end of the table and held by two latches underneath.

I'll take more pictures when I'm next out in July

Jonathan

jonrarit

• Second Mate
« Reply #28 on: June 08 2016, 13:49 »
Thanks Salty but I cant boast carpentry skills ...... I have a CNC router so it was all machined from 18mm marine ply with a teak veneer inlaid logo then varnished. The underside is machined out to make it lighter.

As for the hinges it uses all the old fittings from the old table ....keeps it simple & cheaper.

If anyone wants one and is prepared to do the varnishing themselves then drop me a PM..... the time consuming bit was the CAD for the router and that's all done now.

Jonathan

Salty

• Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: June 09 2016, 00:06 »
Ok, thanks Jon, I've got a table but just baulking at the price of a fitting kit. So I'm looking for ideas for something I can make myself.

Sweet As

• First Mate
  • Boat Year: 2004
« Reply #30 on: June 13 2016, 08:01 »
looks very good jonrarit. Any chance of some plans and/or further detailed pics?
Sweet As
Bav 36

blue-max

• Old Salt
  • Boat Model: ocean 47
  • Boat Year: 2000
« Reply #31 on: June 13 2016, 13:00 »
 I have had some luck finding cockpit tables at boat jumbles. Got the Lewmar one (ABS)  (Whitlock as then was) for £20, 25 years ago which is still doing its stuff  on my old boat and for the current boat got a larger all grp one of the same design for £50 - the mounting was intended for central fixed pole but I adapted it to swing up supported on self supporting sprung s/s folding brackets (£16 on ebay)  - but greater length means higher off the sole - accommodated by using thicker cockpit cushions! 

jonrarit

• Second Mate
« Reply #32 on: June 13 2016, 14:09 »
looks very good jonrarit. Any chance of some plans and/or further detailed pics?

Thanks ....I'm back out in July so will take some more pictures then for you. As for plans, it's drawn up in software bespoke to my router so wouldn't be much good to anyone.

jonathan

jonrarit

• Second Mate
« Reply #33 on: August 01 2016, 12:25 »
As requested, more pictures of the old and new cockpit table which I made

The eagle-eyed will spot the landing platforms for the support bracket are slightly out of position - That has been corrected now in the CAD for any future ones. All the hinges & support brackets are from the original table in order to keep costs down.

Hope you like  :)

Jonathan

filban

• Second Mate
  • Boat Model: bavaria 32
« Reply #34 on: August 18 2021, 20:05 »
I have to fit a KJHowells teak cockpit  table to the binnacle of my Bavaria 32(2002) using a Lewmar mounting kit

The instructions are unclear (or it may be me) as to how much overhang there is on the hinges that are screwed into the table (after cutting notches in the table lip)

How far do the hinges project from the edge of the table?

Hope this makes sense